HOW TO APPLY FOR OUR RESEARCH TEAM
You want to join our team and become involved in shark protection and turtle conservation on the Gili islands? We are always looking for people with a passion for the ocean who want to make a difference in this world. To apply for our shark protection program you need to be a minimum of 18 years old.
You’ll do a lot of diving for the marine and shark research but the good thing is, that no previous experience or qualifications are necessary. We do require that you are reasonably fit to cope with tasks on land in the tropical heat and the lifting of dive tanks.We host participants from around the world for a minimum of 2 weeks. On average people are staying between 2-8 weeks to really get involved and give back to the project. The ages of our participants are anywhere from 18-60! but the average is mid-twenties
We are all working very closely together and have a team/family-like atmosphere at the project. You will be a critical member of the team and may be in charge of various data collection projects depending on your personal interests, goals, and length of stay. If you would like to do your PADI Open Water Course as part of our program you need to be able to swim 200 meters with mask, snorkel, and fins. It is important to us that you speak (basic) English and that you have a similar ideology to the mission of the Gili Shark Conservation Project. We expect from you to be respectful and open-minded to the cultural differences that you may encounter during your stay.Would you like to know more? Read here what it means to be a scientific diver.
- Fill in the application form below with a brief description on why you are interested in joining our program and when your potential start date would be to join our shark- and turtle conservation project.
- Add “@gilisharkconservation.com” to your email safe list to ensure that you receive a response.
- Our program manager will review your application and you will receive a response within 3 working days. If we accept your application we will send you a short questionnaire to get to know you better and to complete your application.
- Pay your deposit to secure your spot in our research team within one week of acceptance.
- Book your flight and join us in paradise!
Please take a moment to review our program prices before you send your application.