Find out how you can join our research team in paradise
Would you like to join our research team on the Gili islands in Indonesia and become involved in shark protection, turtle conservation and coral restoration? We are always looking for people with a passion for the ocean who want to make a difference in this world.
We are open all year round and you can start your program every Sunday. We host participants from around the world for a minimum of 2 weeks. On average, people stay between 3-8 weeks to get fully involved and give back to the project. The ages of our participants are anywhere from 18-65 years! But the average is mid-twenties.
We are all working very closely together and have a team/family-like atmosphere at the project. You will be a critical member of the team and may be in charge of various data collection projects depending on your interests, goals, and length of stay.
During your stay with us, you will actively contribute to our research initiatives, assist in collecting vital data, and play a crucial role in promoting the conservation of whitetip- and blacktip reef sharks and their habitats. You’ll do a lot of diving for the marine and shark research but the good thing is, that no previous experience or qualifications are necessary. We do require that you are reasonably fit to cope with tasks on land in the tropical heat and the lifting of dive tanks.
What can we offer you?
Designed for people who are passionate about marine conservation and eager to contribute to the protection and study of sharks, turtles and corals. Whether you are a student seeking field experience, a marine biology enthusiast, or someone dedicated to making a positive impact on the environment, our research assistant program offers you a unique opportunity to actively participate in shark research and conservation efforts.
This program is designed for experienced divers who are looking to take their diving skills and knowledge to a professional level. It is an essential step towards becoming a diving professional and opens up a range of career opportunities in marine conservation and the diving industry. Whether you are an experienced diver looking to make a difference or someone aspiring to become a professional in the field of marine conservation, our program offers you a remarkable opportunity to combine your love for diving with meaningful conservation work.
- Fill in the application form below and select if you would like to apply for our research assistant program or our divemaster conservation program. Furthermore we would love to know why you would like to join our research team and when your potential start date would be to join our shark- and marine conservation project.
- Add “@gilisharkconservation.com” to your email safe list to ensure that you receive a response.
- Our program manager will review your application and you will receive a response within 3 working days. If we accept your application we will send you a short questionnaire to get to know you better and to complete your application.
- Pay your deposit to secure your spot in our research team within one month of acceptance.
- Book your flight and join us in paradise!
If you have any questions or if you would like to have more information. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always happy to help!